Here is the ultimate list of Christmas gift ideas for homesteaders to help you out this holiday season. Your favorite homesteader will be happy to receive any one of these homestead gifts.
I am going to start off by saying, there is no better way to a homesteaders heart than by gifting handmade gifts. However, I do understand that making homemade gifts is quite a task, so this gift list is the next great option for Christmas gifts.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
- Mason Jars – These are a good idea for anyone that makes their own food.
- Instant Pot – Perfect gift idea for someone who needs more time.
- Food Dehydrator – Great for a hunter to make some jerky
- Kitchenaid Mixer
- Cast Iron Skillets – These are heavy duty and can handle the rough lifestyle of being used numerous times a day.
- Cast Iron Skillet Handle Cover – Those handles can get hot. Having something to keep from burning would be nice.
- Kitchen Compost Bin – A good option if your homesteader is currently using an ice cream pail for scrap keeping.
- Pressure Canner – Expensive but will be put to good use
- Premium Canning Kit – For the beginner canner, this will be full of great items.
- Sourdough Starter – Can it be a homestead kitchen without one?
For the Chicken Lover:
- Rubber Stamps – The perfect way to add some fun to eggs!
- Egg Basket – We always forget the basket, so having extra is always a great idea
- Chicken Coop – This amazing gift can be small all the way to over the top.
Fun idea: It would be really cute to “wrap” a gift inside of an egg basket.
For the Homesteader with Dairy Animals:
- Milking Pail – Stainless steel is what they want
- Ice Cream Maker – One of the best things about gifting this, is the ice cream you will receive in return!
If your homesteader loves gardening:
- Produce Bags – Reusable
- Cold Frame – Once winter hits, we miss spending time in the garden. Give them the joy of an extended season!
Practical Gift Ideas:
- Basic Tools – A tool kit to keep in the back of the four-wheeler would be a great thing.
- Work Gloves – Heavy duty and waterproof and you can’t go wrong.
- Muck Boots – Does any homesteader not need more muck boots?!
- Carhartt Jacket – A high quality, warm jacket that will last for years and years.
- Solar Panels – these are great because most homesteaders live in the country and having a power outage is a pretty normal thing
On a Budget Gifts:
- Essential Oils – Most bottles are between $10-$30, so pick one or two and your modern homesteader will put them to use!
- Gift Card – Preferably to the local farm store or gas station.
- Swiss Army Knife – A great tool that you can never have enough of.
- Bath Salts – Ater a long day of hard work, bath salts are a great way to relax.
- Personal Care Products – These are great gift ideas because your homesteading friend probably won’t spend their own money on this stuff, even though they deserve it.
A great book is a wonderful idea, as most homesteaders are constantly learning.
- The Ultimate Guide to Homesteading
- The Self-Sufficient Life & How to Live It
- Welcome to the Farm by Shaye Elliot
A great place to buy like-new used books is Thriftbooks. While they might not have a book you are looking for all the time, it is a great place to check for cheaper books!
While this is a a gift guide full of the best gifts for any true homesteader, don’t forget to add a personal touch to your excellent gift. Package it in something different, look through your craft supplies and see if you have any twine. Wrap the gift in newspaper and tie it with the twine. It seems like something small and ridiculous, but I promise, it is a great addition to your Christmas gift-giving! Any extra special touch is an added bonus!